Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Ron Blocher

Default Carbo-Plus CO2 System

Thanks!

Sometime this summer we're getting a 55-60 gallon tank and a 180-250 gallon
tank. Probably will try using the Carbo-Plus CO2 System in at least one of
them. Will keep the group notified just in case someone else may be
interested.

Ron

"Dave" wrote in message
"Ron Blocher" empowered us with this mighty blow
against the Patriarchy:

Has anyone used this equipment. You place a unit containing a carbon
bar into your aquarium, plug in the control box, turn on, and it does
the rest. The control box tells you when to add a new carbon bar. It
costs $149.99 and replacement carbon bar is $34.99.
If it works, it sounds great. It is pretty costly, but if it works, it
may be worth it.

Lots of posts on this system in the past, try doing a Google search.

My personal experience is that although it worked well, I lost three fish
about a day after starting the unit. After doing some research on the

Web,
I found that some versions of the instructions that come with this unit
tell you to run it in a tank without fish for a couple of days, while

other
versions don't mention this.

I believe that other people (LeighMo?) were able to run this unit in their
tank with fish immediately, so I can't say whether the unit was

responsible
for my fish deaths, but I don't know what else it could have been. I
monitored pH constantly during those first few days, and it never went out
of my desired range.