Old 11-04-2011, 02:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Trash Fish Make Good Fertilizer

We have a lot of carp in our river here. I guess some people eat them
but they are mostly considered a trash fish and not very good table
fare. These fish in our river can grow to 4 foot long or larger. Many
years ago when I was a young man, I caught a mess of carp and decided to
bury them in my garden as fertilizer. The following year I had a
wonderful vegetable crop and added NO extra fertilizer at all. If you
have a bunch of trash fish in your area, you may want to give this a
try. I just left the fish whole and put them about a foot under the
soil.

Rich from PA