Old 11-04-2011, 03:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default How I am planning my summer.

"Nad R" wrote in message
Billy wrote:

How was last years harvest, and what are you planting this year?
Anything new? Any changes to your garden?

Last years harvest was horrible. I neglected my garden and plants because
of my retirement and working extra hours training my replacement. This
year
I want to make the yard look better. Nothing extra in terms of plants.

I am going to rip up all plastic border materials and toss them into
trash.
I will go with natural borders using a half moon spade. I got a book on
making ones own concrete garden ornaments and hypertufas. My intentions
is
making my own custom made patio blocks for pathways ( this is an
experiment
and short lived since money is tight this year ).

Next month Bessy will have her calf and I will learn all about making my
own cheese, yogurt and ice cream. Cheese making equipment is not cheap, I
hope it is not a wallet breaker. The way food prices are now with high gas
prices, I may be in good shape for the coming years.

I will continue my personal studies on mathematics and get some books on
computer modeling techniques. This is how I am planning my summer.

Go online to www.winepress.net . It's mostly winemaking, but they do have a
cheesemaking group with some knowledgeable people there.