Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
linda mar

Default Potting plants in tanks with UGF?

How big of a clay pot did you use? don't plants get too rootbound in a clay
pot? (I know a lot about land-container gardening, but nothing about potted
aquarium plants)..

linda

"kush" wrote in message
I grow plants in clay pots in (relatively) low-tech tanks. I use UGF's

with
CO2 injected powerheads in my smaller tanks (20 gallons and under).
Anything much bigger, I think, will benefit from the addition of a

canister
filter.

I started using clay pots as a design element. I only realized their
benefit later when trying to grow more demanding root-feeders. I usually
knock the bottom of them, pack them with peat moss, sand, and root tabs,

and
half-bury them in the gravel.