Old 12-04-2011, 02:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Winter planting

FarmI wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

PS The pups (some of the diggers) have now doubled their weight
since we got them. I did not think that I would volunteer again
for having toddlers around unless I could hand them back to mum but
somehow that's how it is. They are into everything, so full of life
and energy and fun, joyfully destroying without malice. New pics
are available for those who care.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/...20and%20birds/

Are they full blood Kelpies?

They are said to be but we have some doubt about Leila, her fluffy
fur and white markings are atypical but not impossible for kelpies. Flynn
is the real deal.

Do you have any cattle other than Mootilda for them to stalk and
round up David? Speaking of Mootilda, how are you all getting along?

No, they practice on chooks and horses which is not really desireable,
chooks get nervous when they get The Stare. Flynn got concussed by a horse
last week so he is being more circumspect. I no longer have the type of
neighbours who would let them practice on their cattle and I don't know
enough about it to train them for such work just to be good companion/guard
dogs.

Mootilda is doing fine she gets a little lonely if she can't talk to the
cattle over the fence. The last dairy bull in the district is gone - sold
up and moved away and I don't have the brass right now to build yards with a
crush so we can try AI, so the milking project is on hold for now. But
overall she is healthy and happy enough.

David