Old 12-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Jtkyla Jtkyla is offline
Registered User

Default Little garden on balcony - need advice

Hi,
I live in London and am lucky enough to have a little balcony. I grew tomatoes and peppers/chillies a couple of years ago, can't say I could have fed the borough but it was so lovely and the tomatoes tasted great.
I now would like to have a herbs garden...
My question is around the quality of air and effect on veges/herbs... although I do have a balcony, it also is on a main road and I have a bus stop right in front of my building (most of the time very useful to have it so close).
I'm guessing the fumes from cars/buses etc is not great for either veges or herbs, but should that stop me from having my little garden on my balcony??
The tomatoes were delicious and I'm still alive but is it really bad?
Thanks for your advices..I'm not a great gardener but I am so excited about getting my "fresh" herbs!
J.