Old 12-04-2011, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Old potting compost

On Apr 12, 9:54*am, Pam Moore wrote:
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 06:31:51 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill

wrote:
Busy sorting out old pots and trays, I've decided to rework the old
compost with a little fresh and some fertilizer and use it for
potatoes in bags, so far I have around 300 litres, and more to come.

What fertiliser do you use, David? *I often reuse old compost as I
have no easy way of getting rid of old stuff. *Mty very small garden
is rising above the level of those around!
I have to beware of vine weevil grubs but a few kettles of boiling
water deal with those.

Pam in Bristol

I will just use potato fertilizer, thats what I use for the dahlias,
so I have plenty.
David