Old 12-04-2011, 04:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nanzi Nanzi is offline

Default Little garden on balcony - need advice

On Apr 12, 7:25*am, Jtkyla wrote:
Hi,
I live in London and am lucky enough to have a little balcony. I grew
tomatoes and peppers/chillies a couple of years ago, can't say I could
have fed the borough but it was so lovely and the tomatoes tasted
great.
I now would like to have a herbs garden...
My question is around the quality of air and effect on veges/herbs...
although I do have a balcony, it also is on a main road and I have a bus
stop right in front of my building (most of the time very useful to have
it so close).
I'm guessing the fumes from cars/buses etc is not great for either veges
or herbs, but should that stop me from having my little garden on my
balcony??
The tomatoes were delicious and I'm still alive but is it really bad?
Thanks for your advices..I'm not a great gardener but I am so excited
about getting my "fresh" herbs!
J.

--
Jtkyla

I would guess that if there were tomatoes that grew well there, the
herbs
would also grow well there. Light is the biggest thing with herbs.
Love
my fresh herbs, esp basil for salads in the summer. Nothing like it.
Enjoy your garden.