Old 12-04-2011, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Old potting compost

"Pam Moore" wrote ..

Dave Hill wrote:

Pam Moore wrote:
Dave Hill wrote:
Busy sorting out old pots and trays, I've decided to rework the old
compost with a little fresh and some fertilizer and use it for
potatoes in bags, so far I have around 300 litres, and more to come.

What fertiliser do you use, David? I often reuse old compost as I
have no easy way of getting rid of old stuff. Mty very small garden
is rising above the level of those around!
I have to beware of vine weevil grubs but a few kettles of boiling
water deal with those.

Pam in Bristol

I will just use potato fertilizer, thats what I use for the dahlias,
so I have plenty.
David

Potato fertiliser? I've never encountered it. Is it readily
available? What's the NPK?

Pam in Bristol

JBA seed potatoes sell this....

"Jamieson Brothers TEV4 ... analysis
5.3:7.5:10.0 + TE
The all purpose fertiliser for plants, roses, fruit flowers, vegetables &
lawns
Contains ten vital nutrients plus trace elements
Perfect fertiliser for use in both loam based & soil-less composts "

--
Regards
Bob Hobden