Old 14-04-2011, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Any 2-stroke strimmer mechanics here?

"AL_n" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a B&Q 2-stroke strimmer which has a problem. The starting chord is
stuck in the out-position and wonn't retract. I am trying to get at the
winding pully etc. to see what is wrong. I removed the main strimming arm,
via 4 screws and can now see a centrifugal clutch (looks like a rusty disk
with a small shaft protruding at the very top, in my photo:

http://tinyurl.com/6xhvczu

How do I remove the centrifugal clutch so that I can remove the main green
plastic casing?

What's down the centre of that shaft? There may be a screw of some sort down
there which you can't see for crud. Or are there splines inside that shaft?
You may need to use them to remove that cluch cover (It may well be left
hand thread). I'm assuming that the three (of presumably four ) marks I can
see on the drum are spot welds, and not some form of fastener.

HTH
Steve