Old 14-04-2011, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Petition: Lloyd's of London treats elderly people unfairly

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Ecrevisse" wrote ...

In the years 1989 - 1992 the Lloyd's of London insurance market lost
more than £8 billion through its own failings and incompetence; when
some investors could not pay the huge demands for cash, charges were
taken on their homes and the following petition urges the Chairman,
Lord Peter Levene, to remove them in the name of justice and fairness:

http://www.change.org/petitions/lloy...move-charges-f
rom-innocent-names-homes

I hope that you will be able to sign the petition, for which I thank
you.

There is more information by following the link.

Please spread the word!

............................................... .

You signed up to a no limit guarantee, what did you expect would happen if
the going got tough? When everything went well you raked in the money when
it got tough you squeal it's all unfair.
You're just as bad as those idiots that put there money in an Icelandic Bank
to get a couple of percent more interest only to suddenly realise high rates
means high risk. A standard Banking rule and complete common sense.
What world do you people inhabit? Or is it just greed?

Regards
Bob.

But the idiots who put money in Icelandic bank (certainly in one of
them) got every penny of their money back including owed interest at an
attractive rate. I was one of those idiots and the govt. guarantee was
most welcome as well as helpful.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!