Old 14-04-2011, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Petition: Lloyd's of London treats elderly people unfairly

In the years 1989 - 1992 the Lloyd's of London insurance market lost
more than £8 billion through its own failings and incompetence; when
some investors could not pay the huge demands for cash, charges were
taken on their homes and the following petition urges the Chairman,
Lord Peter Levene, to remove them in the name of justice and fairness:

http://www.change.org/petitions/lloy...nt-names-homes

I hope that you will be able to sign the petition, for which I thank
you.

There is more information by following the link.

Please spread the word!

--
John Atkinson
Victim Of Lloyd's No.: 046505N
Old 14-04-2011, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ecrevisse" wrote in message
In the years 1989 - 1992 the Lloyd's of London insurance market lost
more than £8 billion through its own failings and incompetence; when
some investors could not pay the huge demands for cash, charges were
taken on their homes and the following petition urges the Chairman,
Lord Peter Levene, to remove them in the name of justice and fairness:

http://www.change.org/petitions/lloy...nt-names-homes

I hope that you will be able to sign the petition, for which I thank
you.

There is more information by following the link.

Please spread the word!

--
John Atkinson
Victim Of Lloyd's No.: 046505N

No

They knew the risk.

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 14-04-2011, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ecrevisse" wrote ...

In the years 1989 - 1992 the Lloyd's of London insurance market lost
more than £8 billion through its own failings and incompetence; when
some investors could not pay the huge demands for cash, charges were
taken on their homes and the following petition urges the Chairman,
Lord Peter Levene, to remove them in the name of justice and fairness:

http://www.change.org/petitions/lloy...nt-names-homes

I hope that you will be able to sign the petition, for which I thank
you.

There is more information by following the link.

Please spread the word!

You signed up to a no limit guarantee, what did you expect would happen if
the going got tough? When everything went well you raked in the money when
it got tough you squeal it's all unfair.
You're just as bad as those idiots that put there money in an Icelandic Bank
to get a couple of percent more interest only to suddenly realise high rates
means high risk. A standard Banking rule and complete common sense.
What world do you people inhabit? Or is it just greed?

Regards
Bob.

Old 14-04-2011, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

http://www.change.org/petitions/lloy...-remove-charge...

I hope that you will be able to sign the petition, for which I thank
you.

There is more information by following the link.

Please spread the word!

--
John Atkinson
Victim Of Lloyd's No.: 046505N

No

They knew the risk.

Not at all; most new Names at Lloyd's were told, as I was, that the
syndicates on which they
were initially placed were low-risk and short-tail. The returns we
expected were given to us as
about 7% on premium limit. That reflects a modest business risk, and
do remember that the
market traded for 300 years without the kind of massive losses which
we had to pay for. The
problems arose solely because Lloyd's expanded too fast and didn't
have proper financial
controls in place, namely, an efficient audit. It is also a fact that
following the discovery that
putting a figure on the potential losses from asbestos was "an
impossibility", Lloyd's continued
to recruit new Names and did not admit that asbestos losses were a
problem until 1992, TEN
YEARS after they were warned and TWELVE years after they set up an
Asbestos Working
Party. Lloyd's really lost the plot and the Names have had to pay a
very heavy price. Most of
the names are now completely out, I speak for the tail-enders whom
Lloyd's will not let go.

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Since I can't pay the ferryman, I have to take it seriously.

Old 14-04-2011, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Popperinge" wrote in message
On Apr 14, 2:52 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Ecrevisse" wrote in message

[...]

.................................................. .....................................
snip and huge excuse.

Note the word ""RISK""

I knew there was a risk in setting up my business. FINE when everything was
going A1 and I was getting awards for business success with two factories
and 23 staff, but when Maggie came along and did what Hitler tried to do,
smash British industries and I lost everything thank you very much, did I
bleat? No, I picked myself up, brushed myself off and started all over
again.

If you can't stand the heat of the kitchen .............................

I am now using my experience and expertise to help other businesses to learn
from what happened to me. You might be interested to know that I was invited
to talk/lecture to new business ventures on what happened, and even the most
experienced business people agreed that what I did was correct and that it
was outside influences, Maggie Thatcher, which crushed me.

I was talking to a very successful business man the other day who was with
me on new business start up courses all those years ago and he too had a
rough time, BUT, the recession of the late 80's, put up by Maggie Thatcher,
was worse than the present one. She destroyed business, good ones like mine,
this present recession has given businesses the opportunity to get rid of
dead wood on their books, but the business is still there :-))

RISK. If you don't like it, get back into bed.

Old 14-04-2011, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Ecrevisse" wrote ...

In the years 1989 - 1992 the Lloyd's of London insurance market lost
more than £8 billion through its own failings and incompetence; when
some investors could not pay the huge demands for cash, charges were
taken on their homes and the following petition urges the Chairman,
Lord Peter Levene, to remove them in the name of justice and fairness:

http://www.change.org/petitions/lloy...move-charges-f
rom-innocent-names-homes

I hope that you will be able to sign the petition, for which I thank
you.

There is more information by following the link.

Please spread the word!

............................................... .

You signed up to a no limit guarantee, what did you expect would happen if
the going got tough? When everything went well you raked in the money when
it got tough you squeal it's all unfair.
You're just as bad as those idiots that put there money in an Icelandic Bank
to get a couple of percent more interest only to suddenly realise high rates
means high risk. A standard Banking rule and complete common sense.
What world do you people inhabit? Or is it just greed?

Regards
Bob.

But the idiots who put money in Icelandic bank (certainly in one of
them) got every penny of their money back including owed interest at an
attractive rate. I was one of those idiots and the govt. guarantee was
most welcome as well as helpful.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 14-04-2011, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Gopher
writes
In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Ecrevisse" wrote ...

In the years 1989 - 1992 the Lloyd's of London insurance market lost
more than £8 billion through its own failings and incompetence; when
some investors could not pay the huge demands for cash, charges were
taken on their homes and the following petition urges the Chairman,
Lord Peter Levene, to remove them in the name of justice and fairness:

http://www.change.org/petitions/lloy...move-charges-f
rom-innocent-names-homes

I hope that you will be able to sign the petition, for which I thank
you.

There is more information by following the link.

Please spread the word!

.............................................. ..

You signed up to a no limit guarantee, what did you expect would happen if
the going got tough? When everything went well you raked in the money when
it got tough you squeal it's all unfair.
You're just as bad as those idiots that put there money in an Icelandic Bank
to get a couple of percent more interest only to suddenly realise high rates
means high risk. A standard Banking rule and complete common sense.
What world do you people inhabit? Or is it just greed?

Regards
Bob.

But the idiots who put money in Icelandic bank (certainly in one of
them) got every penny of their money back including owed interest at an
attractive rate. I was one of those idiots and the govt. guarantee was
most welcome as well as helpful.

Paid for by the taxpayer. Your guarantee is someone else's loss. I don't
understand at all why we guaranteed deposits in foreign banks.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old 14-04-2011, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , hugh
] writes
In message , Gopher
writes
In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Ecrevisse" wrote ...

[...]

As a taxpayer it makes me feel better that I have done my bit!

--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 15-04-2011, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Popperinge wrote in
:

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Since I can't pay the ferryman, I have to take it seriously.

Were you an apprentice in Arborfield?

Baz
Old 15-04-2011, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:12:44 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:02:27 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Ecrevisse" wrote ...

In the years 1989 - 1992 the Lloyd's of London insurance market lost
more than £8 billion through its own failings and incompetence; when
some investors could not pay the huge demands for cash, charges were
taken on their homes and the following petition urges the Chairman,
Lord Peter Levene, to remove them in the name of justice and fairness:

http://www.change.org/petitions/lloy...nt-names-homes

I hope that you will be able to sign the petition, for which I thank
you.

There is more information by following the link.

Please spread the word!

.............................................. ..

You signed up to a no limit guarantee, what did you expect would happen if
the going got tough? When everything went well you raked in the money when
it got tough you squeal it's all unfair.

No Name ever raked in money with Lloyds. The suggestion that they
would was part of the con. The Names I knew never made a penny out of
Lloyds.

You're just as bad as those idiots that put there money in an Icelandic Bank
to get a couple of percent more interest only to suddenly realise high rates
means high risk.

Large numbers of local authorities in the UK and The Netherlands put
money in the Icelandic Bank.

A standard Banking rule and complete common sense.
What world do you people inhabit? Or is it just greed?

A world run by bankers who are never the ones to suffer.

I agree that the smaller Lloyds names were conned: it was, however,
part of the wider move to get "ordinary" people involved in
investment, which sounded good, but was itself a political con.
Professionals ended up with the BP shares (and, it might be said,
workers ended up owning unsaleable former council houses). Capitalism,
like any other economic activity, is no game for amateurs.

--
Mike.

How do you apply special treats to your plants? Bill who putters Edible Gardening 6 26-04-2010 03:53 PM
OFF TOPIC - help on making bird treats Cheryl Isaak Gardening 17 28-11-2005 04:24 AM
Foound some cheap treats the GF and koi really enjoy ~Roy Ponds 0 20-10-2005 10:16 PM
koi treats btinternet Ponds 7 24-04-2004 06:03 PM
koi treats btinternet Ponds 1 17-04-2004 08:10 PM