Old 14-04-2011, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Any 2-stroke strimmer mechanics here?

gardenlen wrote in
:

g'day al,

not sure i can add much more, hard to say if those marks we can see
are spot welds or maybe screws of some sort?(if screws could need and
impact tool for loosening/tightening) as suggested look down into the
shaft could be a screw holding it all in place, if so it may need an
impact tool to loosen and then retighten it?

also that partmight screw off/on teh crankshaft, which then need a
special stop to screw into teh spark plug hole to stop piston while
you unscrew it, would be left hand thread then i would suggest.

try and search up a service manual for it that may help.

also the machine maybe an unservicable machine, throw away type.

i would also suggest at this stage take it to a service centre for
garden machinery and ask there if they can remove the clutch housing
for you that should not cost a lot.

also you need to find out if parts are available to repair the
starter.

keep us informed

just did a search on b&q all points to them being homelite? is that
right?

Thanks for the help, gents. Those spots you both asked about are not
screws; they may be spot-welds. There is no screw down the center of that
square shaft either. I guess the clutch it may be screwed onto the drive
shaft. I will try removing the spark plug as suggested, so I can lock the
piston while unscrewing.

"homelite".. I don't know; There is no brand name on this machine. Prolly
maide in China ehwot?

Regards

Al