Old 17-04-2011, 12:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tony Miklos Tony Miklos is offline

Default Plant Identification?

On 4/16/2011 1:18 PM, mleblanca wrote:
On Apr 16, 6:06 am, Brooklyn1Gravesend1 wrote:
Tony Miklos wrote:

Found this beauty in the woods, it stays green all winter (east TN)and
it goes down in the 20's and teens a lot with this staying green. Last
fall I had dug up one (I didn't dig it up until I saw I had more of them
in the woods close by.) I thought the one now in captivity was doing
well until today I took a walk in the woods to see how the others are.
Seems like the leaves on the captive one are severely stunted!
Otherwise looks healthy and getting ready to bloom. I am going to plant
it in the garden, I just didn't find the right spot yet. Looks like it
needs filtered light. Does well with some direct sunlight but not too
much. Here is a link to some pics:

https://picasaweb.google.com/tony.mi...?authkey=Gv1sR...

Why didn't you plant it in an old soup tin? Poor thing is struggling
in that silly tiny plastic pot... don't you own a piece of ground...
at least plant it in an unglazed clay pot 4-6 times that size. Unless
you can afford a piece of ground or a proper container then leave
plants where they live. I truly hope you don't have any pets, you'd
abuse them too.

Oh Brookie, you are so funny; you really make me laugh!
How do you know Tony's plans for this plant? He may have a 10 acre
wildflower estate

No, only 5 acres mostly wooded, I wish I could do something good with
wildflowers but it's not easy. So far my best wildflower luck is with
daisies. If when they start blooming I water them often, they bloom for
months! I don't know what it is, but I can't even grow chicory! I've
collected hundreds of seeds and just can't get them to grow. So when
I'm getting the mail, I walk along the road to see the chicory blooming
beautifully in the gutter. Maybe if I throw rock salt on the seeds when
it snows, drive on it now and then, spit a little oil and gas on them,
throw cigarette butts on them, then they will grow? And of course I
have plans for that plant, I just can't decide where to put it.... seems
like it likes filtered light or some direct sun but not too much.