Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
kush

Default Help my plants are almost dead

Oh, then I guess you're not using a canister filter, either?

LeighMo wrote in message
I still have one question - Using a UGF pulls water through the gravel

and
back to the top of the tank.
because of this the gravel becomes a mechanical filter trapping what ever
gets pushed through it (plant matter and fish waste). Isn't that good for
the plants when it comes to feeding?

If the UGF is working properly, the waste ends up in the water column
(converted to nitrate). That's not bad in and of itself, but most planted

tank
keepers like more control. If we want something in the water column, we

put it
in the water. If we want something in the gravel, we put it in the

gravel.

Leigh