Old 18-04-2011, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Garden Gate-Right Link!

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 22:51:23 +0100, Malcolm wrote:

On 17/04/2011 21:33, Endulini wrote:

"Endulini" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I've been trying to replace a gate that's affected with rot (and has
interesting fungi growing on it) but have had difficulty locating a
replacement, can anyone tell me where I can buy an identical braced
gate to this:

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishu...ME=snapfishuk/

I'm keen to get one the same as I quite like the look of it and was
hoping to simplify the hanging of the new one.

Thanks

Sorry, try this:

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishu...=SYE/otsi=SPHN

Wickews used to do a kit to make a gate like this. You could make one
yourself using 100 * 19 T&G V jointed uprights and 75 * 25 for the
ledges and bracing.

Where are you - I am in S.E Hants and could help you

Malcolm

Wickes still offer two gates like this - one is pre-assembled and 3
feet wide (code 187708) but there's also a kit form that has a max
width of 3ft 3ins but it's possible to vary the width quite easily
(code 187707). Their website is showing both as out of stock though.