Old 19-04-2011, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Eradication of Ivy

"Jo" wrote
Can anyone help me to get rid of Ivy. I know there are various types, but I
am seriously allergic to the plant and need to eradicate a fair amount of
the stuff from fence panels, up conifer trunks etc - overgrown from an
alleyway. I'd like to be able to get rid of it from the root source if
possible, but I know that may be a tall order.

My experience with Ivy is that it will not come up again from the roots so
if you cut it off a few inches below ground level it will die.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden