Old 19-04-2011, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Eradication of Ivy

Baz wrote in news:Xns9ECC7CA3A7DD1bazfawltycom@
69.16.176.253:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Jo" wrote
Can anyone help me to get rid of Ivy. I know there are various types,
but I am seriously allergic to the plant and need to eradicate a fair
amount of the stuff from fence panels, up conifer trunks etc -
overgrown from an alleyway. I'd like to be able to get rid of it from
the root source if possible, but I know that may be a tall order.

My experience with Ivy is that it will not come up again from the
roots so if you cut it off a few inches below ground level it will
die.

It also doesn't do any harm to use any boiling water you have left over
from cooking, as an extra measure. Weeds too.

Baz

Sorry for the duplicate, my mistake.

Baz