Old 23-04-2011, 12:52 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Lawn newbie needs to check that google is right.

BigIan wrote:
Thanks guys,

how does one "lime" the soil? as surely the lime would burn the living
plant matter?

I added some weed/feed stuff yesterday and after popping out this
morning I noticed that all the moss seems to be turning black.
So seems like i`m on to a winner, only problem is I know I now have
many hours of raking it out ahead of me.

Garden lime won't burn anything. It's not the same as what cement is made from.