Old 22-04-2011, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Vegetable Seeds

"Anne Underhill" wrote ...

I wonder where people think the best price for vegetable seeds can be
had. I mentioned in another thread that I had found some cheaper
tomatoes, and was immediately accused of spamming and lying by a couple
of low-lifes. Well, I have no relationship with any organisation or
company whatsoever, I am an ordinary gardener who is interested in
buying packets of seeds at the best price.
Any tips please?

One problem with using "cheaper" sources is that you often cannot get the
varieties you want. It's OK getting cheap seed but not when you want
something specific, for example we grow Thai Dragon and Inferno Chillies and
Ferline, Fantasio and Legend tomatoes out on our allotment and these seeds
come from specific suppliers. Nothing else will do so we have to pay the
price.
Even with other crops, for example our Sprouts, we have, over the years,
decided what varieties we like and therefore have to pay the price to get
the variety, same with potatoes, shallots, ......... it goes on.....

No good growing something that's cheap and that saved a few pence only to
regret it when it comes to the eating.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden