Old 24-04-2011, 09:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default starting off seeds

On Apr 23, 2:01*pm, (EVP MAN) wrote:
I use the peat pellets every year along with a heating germination pad.
The results are very good. *I never tried starting the seeds in potting
or regular garden soil. *I get my peat pellets from my local hardware
store or Amazon.

Rich

So would these be recommended more for colder areas with later
Springs? I am in a mild Mediterranean climate, and usually sow right
in the ground, or in those 6-compartment plastic trays that plants
come in at the nursery.

HB