Old 24-04-2011, 06:05 PM
david1965 david1965 is offline
Registered User

Hi Bob and to all asking about Rolcut secetuers

I worked for the company based in Blatchford Road, Horsham, West Sussex from 1989 to when they were bought out about 5 years later by Fiskars based in Wales. The Rolcut design and all rights went to Fiskars, where myself being Rolcut's Blade Shop Supervisor and the supervisor from the assembly line were sent to Wales to demonstrate the manufacturing equipment used by Rolcut to Fiskars management and staff prior to ourselves being made redundant.

Rolcut's owner was a chap called Christian Grinling and the works manager was Ray Raine. I am not sure if they are around anymore as they were both quite elderly when the company was taken over.

I hope this answers the question once and for all!! Rolcut was a brand and company name but am curious if the word Rolcut has been used by other manufacturers to describe the rolling action of the blade over the anvil!