Old 24-04-2011, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Advice please re Ivy

"The Brownie" me@privacy net. wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

It looks quite nice to me, Mike, but might not be the best place for
Ivy.. (see what Mrs Mike thinks)

At a midlands house where we lived 30 years we had any Ivy happily
clinging up and around a stone and concrete line post - it looked so
pretty we hadn't the heart to disturb it when we had another post and

Thanks Margaret. 'Mrs Mike' is the gardener with over 50 years experience
and it was she who raised the question,

We also have a concrete line post here. Did have a Russian Vine up it at
one point :-(( big mistake.

We were in the Midlands as well, again with a big garden. But that now
has a couple of blocks of apartments/flats/old peoples bungalow things on
it :-))

Mike

Snippetysnipped in a few places..

Interesting that you were in the Midlands,, I wonder if I know where the
blocks of apartments/flats/bungalows are... Coincidence if so.
Was it in the NN8 of Northants, by any chance???

Margaret (???)

LE5 1DD which is Abbots Road and then look for St Mary's Court which runs
behind Abbots Road and between there and St Mary's Avenue. I had to buy 10
St Mary's to get access to the land I had behind my house in Abbots Road.
1971/2

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.