Old 25-04-2011, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Botrytis

On Apr 24, 2:53*pm, Matt BuzzBee Matt.BuzzBee.
wrote:
Hi I'm new and posting on behalf of my father.

He would like your recommendations for a suitable fungicide for botrytis
on tomatoes, cucumber (both in-doors), strawberry and gooseberry mildew
(both out-doors).

He has previously used Dithane 945.

Thanks

Matt,

US Pacific Northwest climate here, wet and cool. I use a Bordeaux
Mixture protocol outside for most of the year ( more persistent than
most) and a good Neem oil (Azadirachta) protocol inside. In the
driest parts of the year I will use Neem for most all the gardens ,
just know which plants Neem may hurt. Bit slow taking full effect.

Some years this may not be enough, so for any breakouts I will use
stronger chemicals but do consult someone of authority in your locale
rather than the advice of the well intended.