Old 27-04-2011, 08:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default first time with climbing rose -- your advice?

Nad R wrote:
Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

Since the wife bought the rose, I would find a way to naturally get rid of

[We are experiencing technical problems, the previous response should be
back up shortly. In the mean time, don't panic, just run to the nearest
exit.]

Nad, I'm not sure that you are clear on what a gardening group does.
When a poster asks for help with growing a plant, you're not supposed to
tell them how to put out a contract on it. He might decide it easier to
keep the rose, and get rid of the wife. Oh, what a wicked web we weave .

LOL
He will find out eventually who is correct about this thorny subject

Hmmm....

Ok then, try this idea...

You do not need a trellis. It is possible to keep that rose to a manageable
size like four to five feet high only each and every year. The plant will
grow around two to three feet a year. One can prune the plant down, let's
say to only one to two feet high in the fall. Cut the branches just above
new side shoots. If shoots are coming out from the root stock, then cut the
shoot off from the root stock.

Personally... Peonies are better than roses without the thorns

I say eradicate that species called the "Rose" from the earth.... Mugging
going on...
NOOOOO.... Then muffles... Then silence...