Old 27-04-2011, 04:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default 'Marconi' Shasta Daisies

On 4/26/11 8:05 PM, Nad R wrote:
songbird wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
I have been searching for 'Marconi' shasta daisies. None of the
nurseries in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles or in Ventura County
seem to carry them.

I did a Google search on "marconi 'shasta dais'" CA OR Calif OR
California". I got many results, but none of them offer 'Marconi' for
sale.

Are these no longer being grown commercially?

http://www.bohnsfarm.com/index.cfm/f...3319/index.htm

http://lburbank.users.sonic.net/about-us/shasta-daisy

seems to indicate they are being grown
commercially. the second link has marconi
specified under the "mail order plants" section.

songbird

They have them here in Michigan. Could it be they are recommended for zones
5-8. Perhaps your nurseries are in a a different hardiness zone and will
not carry them.

Sunset indicates they would do quite well in my climate. In fact,
Sunset indicates they are suitable from Fairbanks, Alaska, to San Diego,
California.

I already have 'Esther Reed' growing (and already showing flower buds).
But 'Esther Reed' is low-growing and suitable for the front of a bed.
I want to back it up with the taller 'Marconi'.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean