Old 29-04-2011, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Dogwood Question

Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 writes:

Forty years is about the outter limit for dogwood. Had I known then
what I know now I'd have never planted any. I do not recommend
dogwood as a specimen tree either, besides their rather short life
span they don't always have a good year, often they don't 'flower'
very well. I had three at my last house that I finally removed. This
was the last one, tried to save it but it was already a goner, hadn't
looked at this picture for ten years now, looks sad... shoulda just
taken it down entirely:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2dhcqcm.jpg

The tree looks okay except that someone pruned the tree viciously.
Too close to the house I suppose.