Old 30-04-2011, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default Dustbin

On 29/04/2011 14:13, Pam Moore wrote:
On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:51:02 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme
wrote:

My round dustbin has been replaced by one the modern bins. So I have
an old round dustbin. One of my helpers has suggested I grow a plant
in the bin that grows down the outside or the bin and hides it as much
as possible.

What is a suitable plant?

Steve

You could plant nasturtiums in it for a quick cover, but I'd take out
the bottom, stand it on bare earth and use it as a compost bin.

Pam in Bristol

Maybe you would have trouble making hole, at least neat ones. Perhaps
you could bash a few hole around it, then stand it on bricks or similar
then use it as an incinerator.