Old 30-04-2011, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Dustbin

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 06:58:24 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Apr 29, 11:51*am, Stephen Wolstenholme
wrote:
My round dustbin has been replaced by one the modern bins. So I have
an old round dustbin. One of my helpers has suggested I grow a plant
in the bin that grows down the outside or the bin and hides it as much
as possible.

What is a suitable plant?

Steve

If it's watertight, you could use it as a butt. One of my friends has
an old bin outside the kitchen door. They collect all the water from
washing/straining vegetables in a bucket under the kitchen tap and tip
it into the bin/butt when full. I just leave the watering-can outside
the door instead. Either way, use the water asap, as it gets smelly.

Chris

I already have a water butt. All I want is a plant that grown upwards
into a bush and trails down the sides of the bin. One of the
Pelargonium is favourite at the moment but I'm not sure. I will talk
my carer into wheeling me to the local garden centre tomorrow.

Steve