Old 30-04-2011, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Dustbin

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 08:54:14 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:15:24 GMT, Baz wrote:

Janet wrote in
:

[...]
If I was going to plant up a bin I'd probably cut portholes in the
sides and plant strawberries in it.

Janet

If the old galvanised bin is truly a relic(not repro) it is worth
preserving because they are already being sought after by collectors

Dustbin collectors LOL

The mind does boggle, rather. Sometimes I despair of the human race.
Note that repros are apparently available: don't get ripped off with a
fake garbage can! (On reflection, there's a swish catalogue outfit
that sells, among other things, ready-rusted fake factory furniture. I
bet that's where you'd go for a counterfeit dustbin...£150, probably.)
--
Mike.