Old 30-04-2011, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Dustbin

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 08:54:14 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:15:24 GMT, Baz wrote:

Janet wrote in
:

[...]
If I was going to plant up a bin I'd probably cut portholes in the
sides and plant strawberries in it.

Janet

If the old galvanised bin is truly a relic(not repro) it is worth
preserving because they are already being sought after by collectors

Dustbin collectors LOL

The mind does boggle, rather. Sometimes I despair of the human race.
Note that repros are apparently available: don't get ripped off with a
fake garbage can! (On reflection, there's a swish catalogue outfit
that sells, among other things, ready-rusted fake factory furniture. I
bet that's where you'd go for a counterfeit dustbin...£150, probably.)
--
Mike.

You think this is a new thing?

Forget it.

A relation of my wife's was, before we were married, and that is a long time
ago viz http://www.myalbum.com/Album=UI8UK7XD, 'making' antiques and
flogging them to the Yanks. Swords, Armour, Shields etc. Tons of steel out
in the yard in water going rusty and "ageing"

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.