Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM

Default CO2 reacter set-ups in the USA?

http://www.dlink.org/aqua/CO2.html

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Nice run down and links.
But I don't like those valves they sell, I've used them and measure
the pH accurately, for another 6.00 $ I'll keep the clippard needle
valves, they are worth the $ and also do much better for branching T
systems with more than a single CO2 line for multiple tanks. A
difference of 6$ is certainly worth this upgrade.
Everything else is good, silicone tubing is great and not using the
poly tubing but rather remove the stock valve, add a 1/4"male to
1/8"female brass bushing, add threaed 1/8" sizing parts, T's etc to
suit the system and CO2 needs.

Running the higher pressure will waste the CO2 more through the line.
When the gas leaves the needle valve, it will only have a pressure of
1psi maybe 2psi vs 15psi. Silicone is a very material for CO2 lines
and is cheap.

Regards,
Tom Barr