Old 01-05-2011, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default My very first 'green house'

Sultana Wahab wrote:
home value store? has it got a name?

- Yeah, Wilko.

Heh, I was going to ask if it was Wilkinsons. I think our mini greenhouse
thing came from them. NO problem with the legs falling out, can't get the
damned things back out cos they're jammed in so hard. We don 't use the
plastic cover, just the frame for staging in the proper greenhouse.

..ahh, they're O.k. They have been good for other items I've brought
for the garden but their mini greenhouse is still CRAP.

Their stuff is very hit and miss. A bit like Primark, I guess, where you
can buy a real bargain or a bit of tat with the seams all wonky and loose.

The really annoying thing is when they havea perfectly good item, then they
replace it with a cheap and nasty version, which is what happened to their
pull out washing line product. My mum bought me one a few years back, and
it served well for about 3 years, with a lot of use. Then after various
bits of plastic wore out and snapped (and after a few 'quick fix' solutions
gave up the ghost), so I bought a new one. The new one just never worked
right. The line itself stretched, and it slipped through the fastener, so
after a few hours your washing was lying on the floor!