Old 02-05-2011, 09:32 PM
artsjuice artsjuice is offline
Registered User

Default Struggling acer

I have a potted acer about 6 or 7 years old. It has always done very well in a good location but this year it has a fraction of the normal leaves and those that have appeared are looking a little withered. Many branches have apparently died.

I am worried that it may have been damaged by the severe frost and that the whole tree may be dying.

Can anyone please offer some advise about how to treat it? Will it be better to remove it from the pot and get it in the ground?