Old 02-05-2011, 11:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Brussels sprouts - need your input!

Ellie Sprout wrote:
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;919679']

Keep yours eyes open for cabbage moth, the grubs can turn your
brassicas

into green threads surrounding holes. If they are prevalent in your
area
you will need to spray regularly or enclose the plants in mesh to
prevent
the moths from laying on them.

David

PS What is a clichee?

:-)

Hey David - thanks! How long have you grown sprouts? We've got an
absolutely mini garden (crammed with herbs and strawberry plants at
the moment!) so they're just in boxes/small border beds.

Not long. I can't stand them. I grow them for SWMBO some years.