Old 03-05-2011, 10:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default small plant pot questions

WonderlandGirl wrote:
Hi, just wondering if anyone has an idea of a plant that will be happy
outside in a very small pot?

A friend of mine has bought me some very small novelty pots in the
shapes of wellington boots and bumble bees bees etc and I would really
like to have some pretty plants but I'm worried that the plant will
not do well in such a small pot and wondered if there were any plants
that specifically do well in small pots?

There are three of them and they do all have drainage holes which is
good and measure approximatley 13 cm in height and 10cm width.

This size is a real PITA as many plants will quickly outgrow them and even
if the plant will fit or doesn't mind being rootbound they dry out very
quickly, in hot weather you may have to water daily or even twice daily and
forgetting for a few days can cost you the plant. Why not put them on the
mantel with dried flowers in them?

David