Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Frost

"Moonraker" wrote

Had one last night, another forecast for tonight here. Lets hope that we
don't get one in the beginning of June as we did some years ago. Crazy
weather!

Went down the plot early today and we had a hard grass frost last night.
Hearing of the possibility we had covered our early spuds with fleece but
they still got damaged on the tips of the leaves, other people hadn't
covered theirs and a lot of damage has been done in patches. Surprisingly on
other plots (new allotment gardeners!) where runner beans and cucurbits had
already been planted out some plants are decidedly dead and others look
almost untouched.

Only sowed our Beans and Cucurbits today along with the winter brassicas
(cabbages, cauliflowers, sprouts, savoy, & swede).

Ah well, time to get back down the plot weeding and watering.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden