Old 08-05-2011, 05:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OhioGuy OhioGuy is offline

Default Brussels sprouts - need your input!

Why was it a mistake? I often pick mine around Thanksgiving in upstate NY.

Nearly all of them seemed "overripe", and bitter. I think they would
probably be more tender when picked at an earlier age, and smaller.
Mine seemed to slowly mature from the bottom of the stock up, over
several weeks. By waiting to harvest, I essentially ended up with a lot
of sprouts that were not of a quality I like to eat.