Old 08-05-2011, 10:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Using stored rainwater for irrigation?

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
qazwsxed wrote:
Hello!

Is it recommended (disease safe etc) to use stored rainwater for
irrigating vegetable beds? I couldn't guarantee high turnover of the
water in the butts, but that obviously depends on the weather.

Yes

But unless that water butt had better be a big one, because I know how long
it takes to empty a 2,000 gallon tank - it disappears in a couple of decent
watering sessions before needing refilling.