Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Ross Vandegrift

Default DIY reflectors?

In article , Phil Williamson wrote:
Do reflectors make much of a difference in terms of how much light plants
actually get? If so, does anyone have any DIY plans for reflectors.??

It can make a big difference. I bought a Bright Kit from AH Supply when
I setup my 29g planted tank, and the reflector was significantly better
than any others I'd seen.

If you're into DIYing a reflector, you'll want to make it parabolic,
with the tube at the focus of the parabola (hope you remember some
algebra!). That will maximize the amount of light that will enter the
water directly.

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.