Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Iain Miller

Default DIY reflectors?

"Phil Williamson" wrote in message
Do reflectors make much of a difference in terms of how much light plants
actually get? If so, does anyone have any DIY plans for reflectors.??

I've got reflectors on all my tubes and yes, they do make a big difference.
They were not that expensive to buy & for what they cost I think it would be
more trouble than its worth to try & make something. I suppose you could try
cutting something like some 4" plastic pipe in half and lining it with Tin
foil - not sure how the plastic would fare with the heat though - could be
smelly!

A simple and easy first step would be to line the inside of your whole hood
with Tin foil - that shouldn't be too difficult & should make some
difference. Don't block off the air circulation though....

HTH

I.