Old 10-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Benacre Benacre is offline
Registered User

Location: Suffolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marela View Post
Hello there
This is my first post thank you for letting me join your forum.
I live in surrey i have not got a very big garden mainly flowers
and lawn, but i am sorting out part of the garden to use to plant
vegetable so i am sure i will be asking plenty of question look foward to
getting to know you all.

my sister has rhubarb in her garden, She has just given me a load
of seeds. Is this the best way to start some plants for my garden.
Also at the moment is it ok to grow them in a very large pot

regards
Marela
Plant Rhubarb seeds singly in 3" pots and grow on until the autumn, harden off if growing in a greenhouse, and plant out 12" apart in rows 18" apart.

Dont pick any stems until year two or three but remove flower heads annually

BTW seed grown Rhubarb is much sweeter then someones old spilttings.