Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Philip Ash

Default Tank heater on a timer w/ lights?

I agree, Tronics have been my most reliable, and consistent heater by far.
I also like the guard design.

Phil.

"Gene Heitman" wrote in message
I recommend that you get a new heater immediately. Do not use your heater
on a timer. There are several reasons including the fact that wide
variations in temperature puts a great deal of stress on your fish. My

own
recommendation is to get the Tronic heaters from Hagen. I like them

because
they are fully submersible, can be set to the specific temperature that

you
want, turn off automatically if the temperature rises too high (like when
the water level drops too low to cover the heater) and have guards

available
to protect the fish from burns and the heaters from breaking. I have them
in four aquariums right now.

--
Gene Heitman
Champaign, Illinois

"X-Addict" wrote in message
ink.net...
Does anyone run their heater on a timer with the lights
such that it isn't able to run during the evening when
the lights are off? I've got a slightly older heater
that just refuses to keep the water below 80 degrees F
regardless of my setting. I'd rather have the water at
or about 75 degrees F. In lieu of throwing it away,
I thought I might be able to get away with doing this
instead.

I'm on the west coast (LA area) and it doesn't get very
cold at night (mid 60's).. This way also might better
simulate a more natural environment such as what the sun
does.

Any comments are appreciated!

X-addict