Old 10-05-2011, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Loud chirping is new behaviour

"john ryan" wrote in message
Our local blackbird over the last three days has taken to sitting on the
roof aerial and is *loudly* chirp, chirp, chirp, and chirp, chip for about
twenty minutes at a time. It has never done this before. I've shouted up
to turn the noise down, but it's not listening.

Any idea what is going on with it?

I have the same night and day after day.

And if you notice, it is talking to another one some way away. It's a
territorial thing and has been going on year after year for a long time.

And if you also notice, one will not start the reply, until the other one
has finished its 'Chat', 'Song'

Somewhat more polite than some people

Kindest regards

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.