Old 10-05-2011, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Loud chirping is new behaviour

On Tue, 10 May 2011 john ryan wrote:

Our local blackbird over the last three days has taken to sitting on the
roof aerial and is *loudly* chirp, chirp, chirp, and chirp, chip for about
twenty minutes at a time. It has never done this before. I've shouted up to
turn the noise down, but it's not listening.

Any idea what is going on with it?

It could either be another blackbird invading its territory or a
predator such as a cat. Our cats like tantalising blackbirds. The more
the birds chirp the more the cats sit smugly enjoying it!

David

http://rance.org.uk