Old 10-05-2011, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Carp fish with pond plants

On May 10, 5:44*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
"john ryan" wrote in message

...B and Q are selling some very reasonably priced pond water-lilies at the
moment. We have just got one and it says on the packet that it is:
"nymphaea marliacea albida".

It also says *do not* put in the pond with Koi Fish. Now all our Koi died
when we put in the pond some fish coming from China, which effectively
exported from there a Koi fish disease some years ago.

But we now have Goldfish,(some are pretty big). As i understand it
goldfish are a type of Carp, as are Koi fish.

So would anyone know if we can put goldfish safely in with this lily?
Thanks.

Yes...no problem. I have varieties of goldfish and Koi happily living with
B&Q lillies.
Pete C
London

Could be that they have been treated with something to prevent them
carryibg in something unwanted,
I'd pot them in a few changes of water for a week or so before
introducing them to your pond.