Old 11-05-2011, 04:06 AM
Sanmy Sanmy is offline
Registered User

Location: Xiamen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ig.Gardener View Post
I'm sorry if this has been answered in the ant thread, but I figured even if it was, it would need it's own thread because it's such a HUGE problem, at least in my area. So, here's the question. As I've said before, my house is in woods and I have two labs and a jack russel mix. The ticks are HORRIBLE. One of my labs contracted Lyme two years ago, which was terrifying. We used Frontline, and the ticks were reduced but still there. We tried Advantix and it worked better, but made my jack russel mix ill. I did research and found a home made mixture that I put in a spray bottle and I sprayed them every night, which worked as well as the Frontline and was safe to touch and smelled better, but it's not just the ticks getting on them but clinging onto them and coming into the house. Is there any inexpensive way to repell them at least a little? Maybe something I can put on the floors? I had to use a strong pesticide on everything last year because the jack russel came in COVERED in nymphal ticks, which was an ordeal to say the least. Any advice is helpful and the cheaper the better.
Professional manufacturer of fiberglass planter in China, our main product include terrazzo planter,polystone pots,fountain,tables and statue.Go www.jinleigarden.com for more information. Thanks.