Old 11-05-2011, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Deserted

"Mike Coon" wrote in message
o.uk...
'Mike' wrote:
"Dave Hall" wrote in message
"Serena Blanchflower" wrote in message
* 'Mike' wrote, On 11/05/2011 11:30:
snip
Thanks Mike, it's good to know that it's not a universal problem!

--
Cheers, Serena

I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
(Jerome
K. Jerome)

Plenty here, too in Pembrokeshire. Pair of BTs in the box with a
camera and
six siskins, up to 22 goldfinches, loads of Chaff & Greenfinches;
nine collared doves, 8 rooks, 3 magpies, one great spotted, not many
GTs, though.

The camera is working again but I have a nasty 'hum' on the sound so
videos
with no sound for now. Latest pix and video just posted.

--
Dave & Viv are living happily ever after in Pembrokeshire.
www.daviv.com for bird diary and videos.

Mains Hum? 50 c/s ? Laminations on a step down transformer gone loose?
Had that problem on something years ago, took it out, squeezed the
laminations together in a vice ;-) and re varnished it :-)) Worked
:-)

That's fine for actual sound coming from the power supply, but I'm sure
Dave is referring to the sound channel on the wiring from the box. Which
could arise in numerous ways... BTW with the proliferation of
switched-mode power supplies mains hum is nearly as rare as mains
transformers!

Mike.
--
If reply address is (invalid), remove spurious "@"
and substitute "plus" for +.

Bloody technology. What happened to the man with the red flag in front of my
car? Where did he do? ;-)

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.