Old 13-05-2011, 03:24 PM
JimmyPlant JimmyPlant is offline
Registered User

Location: Bristol, England
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] View Post
On Thu, 12 May 2011 08:43:29 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

On Thu, 12 May 2011 07:50:43 -0400, Pat Kiewicz

wrote:

JimmyPlant said:

Just over a month ago i planted some peppers from seed. I started

them

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attach...chmentid=13680

Those seem to be some sort of Asian cruciferous green, very
likely some type of mizuna.

Not peppers, but still a worthy crop.

Mizuna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're an optimist.g I was thinking Canada Lettuce-
PLANTS Profile for Lactuca canadensis (Canada lettuce) | USDA PLANTS

[not 'bad' lettuce for a weed]

Jim

I thought pat was on the mark, some kind of brassica rapa, there are
many cultivars with different leaves.

David
Thanks for the answers guys, i think Pat was spot on..... I can remember having some type of Japenese lettuce seeds?? I have blantently got confused somehow on the naming of the seeds planted.... and not knowing what they were to look like i didn't know. Appreciate your help, problem solved.