Old 13-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Drobium Drobium is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy6 View Post
What plant is that?
What manure is suitable for it?
How to take care it?
Why it can be so light green? Is it because of suitable manure? I saw some of the plant is dark green. Why?
I think it's a Cupressocyparis Macrocarpa Goldcrest, a type of conifer.

These are useful for pots or the border in full sun or dappled shade and will get up to a height of 15 foot if you let them, but they can be clipped to shape and 'topiarised'.

They are fine in most ordinary garden soils but prefer a good rich open soil that retains moisture.

If you want to grow it in a pot, use a good 'tree and shrub' compost and a general slow release food.
They are big drinkers and absolutely hate to dry out, so make sure the soil is always moist.

The only other thing to bear in mind is that they are not totally hardy and will only tolerate temperature of -4'c to -6'c for short periods, anything lower will kill them.
So if frost is forecast, make sure they are either brought undercover and out of the cold, or fleece them.
Yay! it's spring!